Virtual Health Care on Demand
Avel eCare reimagined how health care is delivered by listening to the needs of our partners and creating virtual health care solutions. Our goal is to build on your already strong foundation of care while addressing common challenges such as shift shortages and provider burnout. We do this by providing critical services virtually, only when you need them.
How we reimagine care:
- Listen to needs of partners and create solutions through our Innovation Center
- Fill coverage gaps so your onsite team can regenerate
- Provide you access to a virtual health system to collaborate with specialists on demand
- Develop standardized practices through a telemedicine certification program
Avera eCARE Pharmacy
Ensures medication safety with 24/7, real-time, first-dose order review by hospital-trained pharmacists
- Improves medication management for complex conditions
- Helps reduce medication errors and adverse drug events
- Improves compliance with regulations
Avera eCARE Emergency
Expands the ability of your emergency department to respond to immediate and/or multiple unfolding situations
- Provides access to board-certified emergency medicine physicians and nurses
- Assists with everything from basic triage to life-threatening conditions
Avera eCARE Behavioral Health
Provides on-demand, expert behavioral health assessments to emergency departments 24/7
- Offers behavioral health evaluations and recommendations with evidence-based tools and specially trained nurses
- Reduces the ER length of stay by appropriately and quickly identifying the next level of care
- Reduces readmissions by connecting patients with the behavioral health services and resources they need
Avera eCARE Hospitalist
Supports local providers and nursing staff by providing real-time access to expert internal medicine consultations – including admission, overnight and urgent support – and compliance with evidence-based practices, quality and EMR documentation standards.
- 24/7 access to trained hospitalist to monitor changes in general health and surgical patients
- Improved patient outcomes with fewer readmissions and shorter stays
Explore more virtual care options with eCARE
- Correctional Health
- School Health
- Senior Care
- Specialty Clinic
What Our Clients and Patients Say
Our nurse practitioners and physician assistant really appreciate the input and guidance they receive from the physicians and the easy access. Our nursing staff loves the support provided by the eCARE nurses during super busy times and the extra layer of expertise Avera eCARE provides has been so helpful in a variety of situations, like trauma, pediatrics, burns, cardiac emergencies.
With the assistance of eCARE Pharmacy, our critical access hospitals now have a pharmacist that will help them 24/7. Renal dosing, drug interaction checking, allergy checking, therapies, drug incompatibility checking and verification of medication profiles are all done in real time with no waiting. This has vastly improved care across our entire region. If a patient is transferred to a different site or region there’s also a continuity of care that is not provided anywhere else.
I truly believe that it’s the additional support received from eCARE Hospitalist, which increased the comfort level of both our advanced practice providers and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jeffrey Pinter, that created the increased average daily census results Wagner Memorial is experiencing.
People in urban and rural areas alike need health services that address needs of the whole person. In the past, the Helmsley Charitable Trust has partnered with Avera eCARE to extend specialty care across vast rural areas, and now we are looking to extend behavioral health services via telemedicine as well.