As the complexity of patients requiring hospital care increases, the need for dedicated clinicians to oversee their management can be addressed by Avel eCare hospitalist services. On call 24/7, Avel board-certified hospitalists and registered nurses are available to assist local care teams with the management of complex medical and surgical patients who are 18 years and older.
From evaluating changes in health status and improving efficiency and timeliness of care to increasing admissions and reducing burnout among staff, Avel eCare Hospitalist can be configured to suit needs of a wide array of hospitals and health systems.
Since the launch of Avel eCare Hospitalist in 2017, Avel has:
- Reduced the number of times that local providers had to come in while on call or working in the clinic by 90 percent
- Averaged less than 10 minutes in wait time for patients
As an Avel eCare Hospitalist partner, your team will have the support it needs to:
- Evaluate any change in health status
- Experience fewer unnecessary transfers
- Improve efficiency and timeliness of care
- Increase admissions
- Follow-up with planned but pending labs and studies
- Reduce burnout and increased retention and recruiting capabilities among staff
Avel eCare Hospitalist services are ideal for critical access hospitals and can also support community hospitals, regional hospitals and health systems.
How It Works
Partner sites receive a mobile cart equipped with everything needed for an Avel eCare Hospitalist virtual visit. The cart and its accompanying technology were intentionally designed to be convenient, user-friendly and secure so that local care teams can easily transfer it from room to room.
- The Avel team implements secure, interactive, high-definition video and audio equipment and software into the facility and trains staff
- When providers need hospitalist assistance, they simply call to connect 24/7/365 with our team, who respond immediately from our virtual hospital hub
- Avel staff clarifies what level of support is being requested and can help with as much or as little as needed
Although the Avel team becomes part of the local medical staff, credentialed and privileged to direct patient care, they don’t replace the bedside team. Instead, Avel collaborates with and supplements the team in order to provide the best possible care for patients