In the United States, nearly 20 percent of our population is made up of older adults. Organizations who provide care for these individuals — Skilled Nursing Facilities, Long Term Care Facilities, and Senior Living Campuses — can provide improved access to health care services while enhancing the quality of life for residents and staff by utilizing Avel’s telemedicine services.
Avel eCare Senior Care offers a broad array of programs and services that can be configured to suit a variety of care settings. These services include:
- 24/7 access to a geriatric-trained team, including urgent care
- On-site assessments and specialized care from a team of geriatric-trained specialists
- Behavioral health support
- Nursing Support Services
- Assistance with medication questions and other concerns
- Coordinated care with primary care physicians
- Oversight from a geriatric-trained physician who can take on the Medical Directorship role at your facility to ensure regulatory compliance beyond minimum standards
During the past 12 months, Avel eCare Senior Care has:
- Responded to 1,965+ encounters per month across 65+ facilities
- Avoided transfers – 96 percent of encounters are treated at the site
- Provided education on wound care, head-to-toe assessments, advance care planning, behavioral health interventions, pharmacy interventions, and more!
Our Urgent care offering connects the on-site team directlyto a provider when there is an urgent care need. Our serviceis available 24/7 to support your team at any time they needhelp for conditions such as:
- Increased confusion
- Abdominal pain
When you call us, we will assess and treat urgent conditions,consistent with resident’s expressed goals of care andpreferences Use this service before initiating a transfer, helping to preventthis costly and stressful event.
Our Clinical program combines the Urgent care programwith local primary physician and longitudinal care support.This offering provides both provider and nursing support toyour on-site team. In addition to the benefits of Urgent care,we also provide:
- Follow up of diagnostic test and monitoring response to treatment
- Local provider support
- Script requests
- Diabetes care
- Address labs
- Manage abnormal labs after hours
Our nursing team supports your on-site team while alsoproviding triage and education.
The workforce crisis isn’t going away. Do you struggle finding enough nursing coverage? Avel eCare Senior Care’s Nursingservices is your solution. Our tailored approach will augment your nursing workforce and provide timely support in areas including: admission support, assistance with fallmanagement and discharge services.
Current services include:
- 48-Hour Care Plans
- Admission Order Entry
Provides on-demand access to geriatric-trained behavioral health professional for:
- Urgent care visits
- Medication reviews
- Initial psychiatric evaluation and diagnosing
- Daytime hours only
When facilities partner with Avel eCare Senior Care Medical Directorship Program, they free up time for local physicians and increase productivity and efficiency among staff. They count on Avel eCare’s physician to ensure that best practices and established protocols are being followed to meet regulatory compliance beyond minimum standards.
- Attend Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) meetings
- Assist with the survey process and plan of correction
- Coordinate medical care
- Establish and apply monitoring systems, effective documentation, and follow-up of findings
- Guide implementation of resident care policies
- Improve physician compliance with regulations
- Investigate quality issues to improve care
- Provide clinical guidance and maintain current standards of practice
- Provide education to providers
Avel eCare Senior Care:
Partners in Care
Avel eCare Senior Care:
Avel eCare Senior Care Testimonials
From current providers and residents: