Avel eCare Senior Care
Count on Avel eCare Senior Care to be a 24/7 extension of your local care team through innovative programs including:
Learn more about what it’s like to work with our Avel eCare Senior Care team by watching our video and hearing what some of our Avel eCare Senior Care residents and clients have to say.
Your Senior Care Challenge
In the United States, 15 percent of our population is made up of older adults. Yet only 0.025 percent of U.S. physicians are geriatricians whose care is associated with fewer emergency department visits, reducing the cost of care by 10 percent per year.
In addition, Medicare reports 48.2 percent of transfers to local emergency departments result in a hospitalization that could have been avoided through earlier intervention.
Specialized Care for Seniors
Provide improved access to health care services while enhancing the quality of care and quality of life for your residents and staff with Avel’s telemedicine services. Our programs offer a variety of tiered packages and à la carte services, including:
- 24/7 access to a geriatric-trained team, including urgent care
- Advance care planning consultations
- Assistance with medication questions and other concerns
- Avoidance of unnecessary transfers
- Coordinated care with primary care physicians
- Earlier treatment for acute conditions
- On-site assessments and specialized care from a geriatrician
- Oversight from a geriatric-trained physician who can take on the Medical Directorship role at your facility to ensure regulatory compliance beyond minimum standards
- Staff empowerment and education
During the last 12 months we’ve:
- Responded to 1,965+ encounters per month across 65+ facilities
- Avoided transfers – 90 percent of urgent care encounters are able to be treated at the long-term care facility with Avel eCare Senior Care
- Provided education on wound care, head-to-toe assessments, advance care planning, pharmacy interventions and much more
When you partner with Avel eCare Senior Care, your staff will be equipped with the support it needs to avoid unnecessary transfers and reduce hospital emergency department visits and readmissions, which promote healing and comfort for your residents.
In addition, you’ll be strategically aligned to achieve the goals of the national quality strategy: delivering better health care, spending health care dollars more wisely and experiencing better health outcomes.
Senior Living Program
Give your assisted living and residential care staff direct access to geriatric clinicians 24/7 through the Avel eCare Senior Living Program.
Utilizing a mobile cart equipped with Wi-Fi and advanced technology, your staff can easily consult with our experienced team for support regarding:
- Fall assessments
- Medication review and consultations
- Provider consultations
- Resident changes in condition
- Resident or family meetings
- Team training
- And more
Our dedicated geriatric team collaborates with your local leadership and staff to extend services offered within your community while helping you:
- Reduce avoidable hospital transfers
- Improve resident health and well-being
- Increase occupancy
- Provide access to physician consultations
- Enhance current service offerings
- Become the provider of choice
Long-Term Care Program
Allow your residents to stay in a familiar, home-like environment while receiving the health care services they need when you offer Avel eCare Senior Care Long-Term Care Program at your facility.
24/7 Expert Care for Long-Term Care Facilities
Long-term care residents tend to be underserved when local providers aren’t able to respond to nursing home requests as quickly as needed to avoid an emergency room visit. The resulting transfers hinder their healing and well-being while greatly adding to the expense of care.
Instead of transferring your residents, call on our Long-Term Care team. Our team collaborates with your facility staff to accurately assess residents’ conditions from hundreds of miles away through Avel’s innovative telemedicine technology.
Premium and Comprehensive Services
In addition to 24/7 care for urgent or acute conditions, count on our team to:
- Allow residents to receive high-quality care in their home setting
- Boost patient well-being and family satisfaction
- Empower long-term care staff by providing coaching, education and encouragement
- Help ensure earlier treatment for acute conditions
- Reduce costly and exhausting transports
- Reduce unnecessary emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Provide access to a board-certified geriatrician and other geriatric specialists
- Provide access to care that may otherwise be unavailable due to scheduling or weather
Medical Directorship Program
Free up time for local physicians while also ensuring requirements are met within your senior care facility when you partner with Avel eCare Senior Care Medical Directorship Program.
Expert Geriatric Oversight
Through Avel’s advanced two-way video equipment, our geriatric-trained physician can seamlessly take on the Medical Directorship role at your facility. Increase productivity and efficiency among your staff, while our physician ensures that best practices and established protocols are being followed in order to meet regulatory compliance beyond minimum standards.
Comprehensive Medical Directorship Services
You’ll benefit from our experienced geriatrician’s ability to perform a wide variety of services on your behalf. Count on our physician to:
- Attend Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) meetings
- Be involved in the survey process and plan of correction
- Collaborate with facility, staff and practitioners
- Coordinate medical care
- Establish and apply monitoring systems, effective documentation and follow-up of findings
- Guide implementation of resident care policies
- Improve physician compliance with regulations
- Investigate quality issues to improve care
- Provide clinical guidance and maintain current standards of practice
- Provide education to providers
To learn more about our Avel Senior Care programs, request a free consultation.
Senior Care Wound Care
Our new Avel eCare Senior Care Wound Care service now provides enhanced wound evaluations and wound care for urgent needs. A wound specialist will evaluate and identify types of wounds, make recommendations for quality wound care, and provide ongoing monitoring and education through virtual consultations.
We also provide the following additional services:
- Perform a comprehensive assessment to determine the most appropriate and cost-effective use of wound management products
- Ongoing care of non-healing wounds
- Consultation for an acute wound without a current plan of care
- Assessment of high-risk patients to provide measures needed to prevent pressure ulcers
- Assistance in wound care rounds
- Make appropriate referrals to podiatry, vascular surgery, plastic surgery, infectious disease and orthopedics
Avel eCare Senior Care Marks Continued Growth with On-Boarding of 100th Site
Avel eCare Senior Care based in Sioux Falls, S.D., has reached the milestone of serving 100 facilities with service recently added to the Oakwood Health Campus in Tell City, Ind.
What Our Senior Care Clients Say
"When I had pneumonia, the staff was able to wheel the equipment right into my room so I could see the provider. I can see how eCare Senior Care impacts our quality of care because of how quickly we can see a specialist and get the medications we need."
– Allen Herrick, Resident
United Living Community, Brookings, SD
"I am excited to be a part of and have Avel eCare Senior Care available for our residents 24/7. It’s especially helpful that eCare Senior Care can send scripts right to the pharmacy. They know what’s in our eKit so we can get medications right away – even controlled medications. I like the speed and interaction between eCare Senior Care and the pharmacy.
With the mobile TV we don’t have to move our hurting or sick residents in order for them to see a provider, which greatly reduces their pain and anxiety. It’s also good for families who don’t have to rearrange their schedules to go to the ER or clinic. And it’s less scary for everyone. I would definitely recommend eCare Senior Care."
– Kathryn Larson, Nurse
United Living Community, Brookings, SD
"We are huge advocates for Avel eCare Senior Care. We believe our re-hospitalizations are lower because of their support. We also use the eCare Senior Care services as a marketing tool because families like the reassurance that there’s a provider available at any time of day."
– Rocky Nelson, Administrator
Good Samaritan Society, Corsica, SD
"We love the ease of access to providers that we have thanks to Avel eCare Senior Care. Even though the hospital is connected to our long-term care center, it’s still disruptive and sometimes taxing for residents to be transported. Plus, using eCare Senior Care helps avoid exposing an already at-risk resident to possibly more infections."
– Brenda Engbrecht MDS, Nurse Coordinator
Avera Maryhouse, Pierre, SD